This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to deliver aspects of customer service at an introductory level. It includes creating a relationship with customers, identifying their needs, delivering services or products, and processing customer feedback.
The unit applies to those who perform a range of routine tasks in the workplace using a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge of customer service in a defined context under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Establish contact with customers
- Identify customer needs
- Provide service to customers
- Process customer feedback
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- deliver a service to at least three different customers.
In the course of the above, you must:
- greet the customer and establish rapport according to organisational requirements
- identify customer needs using interpersonal skills
- provide prompt service to address customer needs
- identify and follow up opportunities to increase the quality of service and products
- respond to and record all customer feedback according to organisational standards, policies and procedures.
Nominal hours = 40