This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage resources according to planned business strategies. It includes analysing resource requirements, developing resource plans, allocating resources, and reviewing and reporting on resource usage.
The unit applies to individuals with a role in allocating and monitoring the use of physical and/or human resources to meet defined business objectives.
- Analyse resource requirements
- Develop resource plans
- Allocate resources
- Review and report on resource usage
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- develop, implement and review at least three resource plans.
In the course of the above, you must:
- consult with stakeholders and analyse information to determine the nature and level of resources required to achieve business objectives
- plan for, acquire and allocate the resources, incorporating strategies to maximise efficiency and manage risk
- develop and implement systems to:
- incorporate efficient use of resources into work practices
- monitor resource use against budgets and business objectives
- prepare a report that indicates the level of performance achieved and any adjustments needed to achieve service and product delivery standards.
Nominal hours = 80