This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop and monitor the implementation of operational plans to support efficient and effective workplace practices and organisational productivity and profitability.
The unit applies to individuals who manage the work of others and operate within the parameters of a broader strategic and/or business plans.
- Establish operational plan
- Manage resource acquisition
- Monitor and review operational performance
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Manage an operational plan for at least one business or work area.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Develop and implement an operational plan using a variety of information sources and consultation including:
- resource requirements
- key performance indicators
- monitoring processes
- contingency plans
- Communicate with stakeholders to explain the plan and supporting information, seek approvals, negotiate variations and engage work teams
- Confirm existence of relevant strategies, including strategies relating to:
- recruiting, inducting and developing personnel
- acquiring physical resources and services
- protecting intellectual property
- making variations to the plan
- monitoring and documenting performance.
Nominal hours = 70 hours