This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to advocate for and feel empowered about personal wellbeing in the workplace. It involves developing and applying basic knowledge of factors that may influence wellbeing, both positively and negatively.
The unit applies to those in a range of industry and workplace contexts, who work under direct supervision. It may also apply to learners who are preparing to enter the workforce.
- Recognise factors that impact personal wellbeing
- Plan communication with supervisor
- Communicate with supervisor
- Investigate available wellbeing resources
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Develop a plan for communication with supervisor
- Identify and access one formal and one informal wellbeing resource.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Develop a plan to communicate with supervisor, including:
- Factors that may impact on own wellbeing, both positively and negatively
- Appropriate style of communication
- Appropriate method of communication
- Strategy to deal with negative response.
Nominal hours = 50