This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop and use emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the workplace.
The unit applies to individuals who are required to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources and who deal with unpredictable problems as part of their job role. These individuals may be responsible for leading a team or work area.
- Prepare to develop emotional intelligence
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Promote development of emotional intelligence in others
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in relation to at least two different work tasks
- Promote development of emotion intelligence in others on at least one occasion.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Develop assessment criteria to assess personal emotional strengths and weaknesses
- Conduct an analysis to identify personal emotional triggers, incorporating feedback from others
- Analyse and document interactions with co-workers
- Develop and implement plans for responding to emotional expressions
- Apply techniques that promote flexibility in interactions with others and show consideration for the emotions of others.
Nominal hours = 60