This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with project scheduling activities, apply and monitor the agreed project schedule, and evaluate the effectiveness of time management for the project.
It applies to individuals who are project practitioners working in a project support role.
- Assist in developing project schedule
- Maintain project schedule
- Participate in assessing time-management outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- create a project schedule showing tasks, deliverable milestones, sequence, dependencies and time estimates
- apply time-management techniques in a project
- use tools and techniques to maintain, monitor and update a project schedule
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- implications of time management for project resources, costs and risks
- methods for estimating task duration and resource requirements
- tools and techniques for managing project time and their particular applications
- techniques used to measure, record and report progress of activities
Nominal Hours: 40