This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a critical link between people, ideas and information at all stages in the project life cycle. It involves assisting the project team to plan communications, communicating information related to the project, and reviewing communications.
It applies to individuals who are project practitioners working in a project support role.
- Contribute to communications planning
- Conduct information-management activities
- Communicate project information
- Contribute to assessing effectiveness of communication
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- lead an effective team in planning and implementing all necessary communications for a workplace project
- evaluate and review project communication outcomes and make recommendations for future improvements
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- models and methods of communications management in context of project life cycle and other project management functions
- importance of managing risk by treating information securely
- methods of reviewing outcomes
- organisational policies and procedures relevant to this role in a specific context
Nominal Hours: 40