This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with aspects of risk management in a project. It specifically involves planning for, controlling and reviewing risks associated with the project, and assisting in this process where required.
It applies to individuals who are project practitioners working in a project support role.
- Assist with risk analysis and planning
- Perform risk-control activities
- Contribute to assessing risk management outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- assist others in identifying and prioritising potential risks and developing risk-management strategies, plans and reporting mechanisms
- apply, monitor and review risk-control measures, including contingency measures to mitigate risks
- evaluate, review and report on risk-management processes and make recommendations for future improvements
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- identify tools to help determine potential risks for a specific project
- explain strategies for managing project risks and their application in different situations
- the importance of risk-contingency measures
Nominal Hours: 40