This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with aspects of human resources management of a project. It involves establishing human resource requirements, identifying and facilitating the learning and development needs of people working on the project and resolving conflict in the team.
The unit applies to individuals who are project practitioners working in a project support role.
- Establish human resource requirements
- Maintain team relationships
- Monitor human resources
- Evaluate human resource practices
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- support project managers and other team members to apply project human resources management techniques during at least two different projects.
In the course of the above, you must:
- construct effective methods for monitoring roles, responsibilities and performance in projects
- demonstrate methods for providing feedback on performance and improving performance of project team members
- communicate information and ideas to others in a logical, concise and understandable manner
- undertake work in a multi-disciplinary environment according to established human resource management practices, plans, guidelines and procedures.
Nominal hours = 40