This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to link people, ideas and information at all stages in the project life cycle. Project communication management ensures timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage and disposal of project information through formal structures and processes.
It applies to individuals responsible for managing and leading a project in an organisation, business, or as a consultant.
- Plan information and communication processes
- Implement project information and communication processes
- Assess information and communication outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- develop a communication management plan and an information system for a specific project
- implement a project information system with a systematic approach to storage, searching, retrieval and archiving of relevant information
- implement and maintain communication processes
- review project outcomes and document suggestions for improvements to managing project information and communication for future projects
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- alternative communication methods and media and their application on various projects
- effective project-management information systems and their various applications
- methods used to evaluate information systems and communication processes
Nominal Hours: 40