This single unit course describes the skills and knowledge required to identify, analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget, and to use this budget as the principal mechanism to control project cost.
The unit applies to individuals responsible for managing and leading a project in an organisation, business, or as a consultant.
- Determine project costs
- Monitor and control project costs
- Complete cost-management processes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Manage project cost on at least two occasions.
In the course of the above, the candidate must:
- monitor costs across a project’s life cycle including solving cost variations and analysing possible alternatives
- record expenditure, create accurate financial reports and review cost-management processes
Nominal hours = 40