This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify risks and to apply established risk management processes to a defined area of operations that are within the responsibilities and obligations of the role.
It applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of risk analysis or project management who contribute well developed skills in creating solutions to unpredictable problems through analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources. They may have responsibility to provide guidance or to delegate aspects of these tasks to others.
In this unit, risks applicable within own work responsibilities and area of operation, may include projects being undertaken individually or by a team, or operations within a section of the organisation.
- Identify risks
- Analyse and evaluate risks
- Treat risks
- Monitor and review effectiveness of risk treatment/s
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- identify risks
- consult with relevant stakeholders to analyse and evaluate risks
- identify and evaluate control measures
- develop and implement treatment plans for own area or responsibility
- refer risks that are beyond own area of responsibility to others
- maintain risk management documentation
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- techniques for identifying and evaluating risks
- organisational policies, procedures or processes for risk management
- areas where risks are commonly identified in an organisation
- the purpose and key elements of current risk management standards
- the legislative and regulatory context of the organisation in relation to risk management
- the organisation’s auditing requirements relating to risk management
Nominal Hours: 50