This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to effectively measure current resource use and carry out improvements, including reducing the negative environmental impact of work practices.
It applies to individuals, working under supervision or guidance, who are required to follow workplace procedures and instructions, and work in an environmentally sustainable manner within scope of competency, authority and own level of responsibility.
- Identify current resource use
- Comply with environmental regulations
- Seek opportunities to improve resource efficiency
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- locate and interpret a range of environment/sustainability legislation and procedural requirements
- participate in and support discussions for an improved resource efficiency process
- identify, document and measure usage of resources
- collaborate with team members on suggestions for improving workplace practices
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- environmental and resource hazards/risks as well as environmental or sustainability legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to own role
- sustainability requirements in the workplace
- reporting channels and procedures to report breaches and potential issues
- where to find environmental and resource efficiency systems and procedures
Nominal Hours: 20