This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to measure, support and find opportunities to improve the sustainability of work practices.
The unit applies to individuals, working under supervision or guidance, who are required to follow workplace procedures and instructions. These individuals work in an environmentally sustainable manner within scope of competency, authority and own level of responsibility.
- Measure sustainable work practices
- Support sustainable work practices
- Seek opportunities to improve sustainable work practices
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Participate in at least three sustainable work practices.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Identify benefits of sustainable work practices and areas of improvement for sustainable practices in the workplace
- Identify and apply sustainability legislation and organisational sustainability policies and procedures
- Participate in and support discussions for improved resource efficiency processes
- Identify, measure and document usage of resources
- Collaborate with team members to develop suggestions for improving workplace sustainability practices.
Nominal hours = 20