This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop spreadsheets through the use of spreadsheet applications.
The unit applies to individuals employed in a range of environments who tend to be personally responsible for designing and working with spreadsheets under minimal supervision. These individuals are generally required to have intermediate knowledge and understanding of a number of spreadsheet applications.
- Select and prepare resources
- Plan spreadsheet design
- Create spreadsheet
- Produce charts
- Finalise and present spreadsheets
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Plan, design, produce and finalise a spreadsheet on at least four occasions.
In the course of the above, the candidate must:
- Produce spreadsheet documents that align to document purpose and appropriate to target audience
- Design spreadsheets using formulas and functions with:
- Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication
- Design spreadsheets that address a range of data and organisational requirements
- Use software functions to create spreadsheets that adhere to organisational requirements relating to style and presentation
- Use relevant help functions to rectify document issues
- Produce spreadsheet document in appropriate format for review, including ability to create and modify intermediate-level charts that analyse the dataset.
Nominal hours = 35