This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to understand the fundamentals of using digital technologies to collaborate in a workplace context, including working as part of a remote team. It involves undertaking a basic review of organisational processes to identify opportunities for using digital technologies to complete work tasks more efficiently and effectively.
The unit applies to those who use problem-solving skills and take responsibility for adopting and promoting approaches to improve organisational operations, particularly relating to the use of digital technologies.
- Review existing digital technology use in the business
- Identify opportunities to implement digital technologies for workplace collaboration
- Implement and use digital technologies to collaborate in the workplace
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- plan and implement use of digital technology to collaborate in a work environment at least once.
In the course of the above, you must:
- review business use of technology for collaboration and identify opportunities, priorities and risks associated with adopting new technologies according to organisational strategies
- collect, analyse and present relevant information about digital applications
- create and present a business case to relevant stakeholders for adopting new collaborative digital technologies
- develop and communicate a plan to implement new ways of working collaboratively using digital technologies.
Nominal hours = 50