This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and interact productively with diverse groups of individuals in the workplace. It covers responding to and working effectively with individual differences that might be encountered during the course of work.
The unit applies to individuals who work in a variety of contexts where they will be expected to interact with diverse groups of individuals. They may also provide some leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
- Establish practices that support individual differences in the workplace
- Work effectively with individual differences
- Assess use of inclusive practices
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- use at least two different inclusive work practices
- work with a diverse group of individuals to achieve work outcomes on at least two occasions.
In the course of the above, you must:
- contribute to developing a plan for incorporating inclusive practices in work tasks, according to legislative requirements and organisational policies and procedures
- adjust language and behaviour in interactions with diversity according to legislative and organisational requirements
comply with workplace inclusivity regulations, standards and codes of practice.
Nominal hours = 30