This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, develop and maintain effective work relationships and networks through relationship building and negotiation skills required by workers. These workers may be within an organisation as well as freelance or contract workers.
The unit applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of networking and negotiation who contribute to creating solutions to unpredictable problems. They may have responsibility for and provide guidance to others.
- Establish business relationships
- Maintain business relationships
- Build and improve business relationships
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will communicate with others to build and maintain at least two different business relationships.
In the course of the above, you must:
- promote professional business relationship using written and verbal communication techniques
- identify methods to improve business relationships
- participate in formal and informal networking opportunities that promote the business.
Nominal hours = 35