This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation.
The unit applies to individuals working at a managerial level who lead and build a positive culture within their work teams. At this level, work will normally be carried out using complex and diverse methods and procedures requiring the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement. It will also involve using a range of problem solving and decision-making strategies.
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Manage the effectiveness of at least one work team.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Provide feedback to encourage, value and reward others
- Model desired behaviour and practices
- Encourage and foster shared understanding of purpose, roles and responsibilities
- Support team to meet expected performance outcomes including providing formal and informal learning opportunities as needed
- Develop performance plans with key performance indicators (kpis), outputs and goals for individuals or the team which incorporate input from stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders about team performance plans and team performance
- Evaluate and take necessary corrective action regarding unresolved issues, concerns and problems raised by internal or external stakeholders.
Nominal hours = 60