This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with implementing and monitoring an organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs as part of a small work team.
The unit applies to individuals who have roles in assisting with maintaining workplace safety in an organisation. Individuals closely monitor aspects of work associated with the safe delivery of products and services, and they contribute to influencing safety in the workplace.
- Assist with incorporating WHS policies and procedures into work team processes
- Contribute to consultative arrangements for managing WHS
- Contribute to organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Participate in identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks for the work area
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Assist with implementing and monitoring at least three different organisational work health and safety (WHS) policies or procedures into a work team’s processes.
During the above, you must:
- Assist with implementing and monitoring consultation about each policy or procedure according to legislative and organisational requirements
- Identify opportunities to encourage work team to contribute to implementing improvements to each policy or procedure based on feedback received through consultation
- Complete WHS documentation.
Nominal hours = 40