Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- analyse organisational documentation to determine long-term employee relations objectives and current employee relations performance
- collaborate with others to develop and review industrial relations policies and plans
- develop implementation and contingency plans for industrial relations policies
- identify the skills and knowledge needed to implement the plan and organise training and development for self and staff
- document and communicate strategies and procedures for eliminating and dealing with grievances and disputes
- train others in conflict-resolution techniques
- manage industrial relations conflicts, including advocating the organisation’s position during negotiations and documenting, implementing and following up agreements.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- relevant industrial relations legislation or regulations
- enterprise and workplace bargaining processes
- relevant entities in the current Australian industrial relations system, including courts and tribunals, trade unions and employer bodies
- key sources of expert industrial relations advice
- relevant organisational policies and procedures
- organisational objectives.