This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to plan documents, draft text, prepare final text and produce documents of some complexity.
It applies to individuals who work in a range of business environments and are skilled in the creation of reports, information and general promotion documents that are more complex than basic correspondence, memos or forms and that require review and analysis of a range of information sources.
- Plan documents
- Draft text
- Prepare final text
- Produce document
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- plan, draft and finalise complex documents that require review and analysis of a range of information sources
- use business technology to apply formatting, and incorporate graphics
- edit the draft text to ensure accuracy and clarity of information, obtain feedback on the draft and revise the draft, apply the enterprise style guide/house style
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- enterprise style guide/house style
- formatting styles and their impact on formatting, readability and appearance of documents
- rules and conventions for written English, as defined by general and specialist sources
Nominal Hours: 50