This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to communicate (through written, oral and nonverbal form) in the workplace within an industry.
This unit applies to a wide range of workers, but has a specific focus on the communication skills required for workers with limited responsibility for others.
- Plan workplace communication
- Undertake routine communication
- Participate in workplace communication
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Identify the most appropriate method of communication for the intended audience
- Prepare written material that is clear in meaning and format according to organisational requirements
- Demonstrate active listening and questioning techniques in a workplace discussion
- Communicate information and ideas verbally in a workplace discussion, considering the needs of those from diverse backgrounds
- Identify and report any communication challenges to superiors
- Seek feedback from others on effectiveness of communication
Nominal hours = 40