This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to facilitate and apply communication strategies in the workplace within any industry.
This unit has a specific focus on the communication skills required for supervisor level workers with responsibility for other workers.
- Prepare for communication
- Use communication strategies to provide work instruction
- Facilitate workplace communication
- Monitor and support team communication
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Identify the communication requirements for a work activity and assign roles to others to fulfil those requirements
- Select appropriate communication method for relevant audience and according to organisational requirements
- Articulate to others their roles in fulfilling the communication requirements and negotiate roles in response to feedback
- Present and convey information to others in a way that they can understand and demonstrate that the needs of all recipients, including those from diverse backgrounds have been considered
- Demonstrate problem solving techniques to negotiate and resolve communication challenges
- Evaluate the communication process and identify areas for improvement, reporting to relevant supervisors as required.
Nominal hours = 50